Friday, February 4, 2011

Back to Christchurch...All Dressed Up and No Where To Go...



After the amazing dolphin experience, I took a stroll along the beach before I had to catch my bus back to Christchurch. I arrived in Christchurch around 2 p.m. and checked into a hostel much closer to the city center - no big hike this time! Once settled, I wandered the town, took a few more city photos and came across a protest regarding the political happenings in Egypt. Ignorance can be bliss! I haven't watched T.V. or the news in about a month - it's been a nice break from all the tragic and troubling stories that the news consistently brings.

I had researched a salsa/latin dance venue and got dressed up, well as dressed up as you can get with a limited amount of clothes and shoes, and headed for the hotel that was to have a variety of latin music and dancing. I showed up and had to double check that I was in the right place - no one was there...hmmm. Apparently, yes there is a salsa/latin night, but it wasn't to start until the following week - boo! All dressed up and no where to go! What to do now? Ice cream always makes me feel better. I bought an ice cream and headed back to the hostel and went to bed. What was intended to be a fun night dancing turned into an early night for me!

Side note: I am a bit behind in my posting and by now, most have been informed of the big earthquake in Christchurch on Feb 22nd. Wow, I just missed it - very scary. I sat in the cathedral in the city center that is now reduced to rubble. I am feeling very sad for the people of Christchuch and very fortunate that I missed it.

No comments: