Friday, July 4, 2008

More fun stuff...


From Tamarido to Arenal, Monte Verde, Jaco and Quepos/Manuel Antonio:

I am catching up here so I can send out the blog spot URL!

We left Tamarindo and took a car to Volcano Arenal. It is one of the country's active volcanoes. We did a horseback riding tour, Canyoning (basically repelling down waterfalls) and went dancing at one of the countries largest disco techs. It was Jen's birthday on Monday so we celebrated Sunday night! Feliz Cumpleanos Jen! Ally's favorite spanish phrases have been classic..."Cuidado", "Con Permiso" and "Cacique por favor"! Remember ladies..."lo que pasa en costa rica, queda en costa rica"! From Arenal, it was time for Ally to leave us...boo!

Monday morning, Jen and I took a car to Monte Verde where we walked the cloud forest. Huge suspension bridges at the top of the rain forest. It was gorgeous and we stayed in a fantastic hotel...Fonda Vela! I have to say, we've been pretty darn lucky...the only hotel we had planned out was hotel Diria in Tamarindo, everything else we've been winging it as we go along!

The next day we took a car to Jaco. A surfer town on the pacific. We stayed at the cute cabina called copa cabana (and when I say little...i mean the room was tiny!) Jaco beach isn't great for laying out but it's apparently one of the great beaches for surfing. I still haven't tried surfing yet...next week!

3 comments:

Chad said...

You have to go surfing! Its the best thing in the world- I haven't done it in years. You are so lucky to do the tree bridges- I've always thought that would be beautiful.

Buena suerta bonita! Escriba todos los dias por favor!

We miss you! The Crowells

Matt said...

Hey there Jojo. I heartell Arenal is fantastic. I am jealous. Of course, I am jealous of your entire "walkabout" down there. :-)

Be safe and have the time of your life.

Anxiously awaiting your next blog entry.

Matt

Unknown said...

She lives--thank goodness! I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to meet up with Dave, but glad you did get to RipJack. If you make it back there, definitely connect with him. I'm sending him your blog so a) he gets the props you sent directly & b) he can comment & possibly get you pointers.

Miss you terribly...who on earth am I gonna hang out with at the Brewfest next weekend?! I'm terribly jealous of your travels, but am so excited for you! Can't wait to read more!

xoxo, J.