Sunday, July 6, 2008

And so two become one...

Our last adventure together was in Quepos and Manuel Antonio. We or I decided to splurge on a really (really) nice hotel since I knew my next digs were going to be really (really) modest. The views from Hotel Si Como No were amazing! The rain forest meets the ocean...like a postcard! Our first morning in the hotel, I woke up to the sounds of monkeys (loud monkeys) at 5 a.m...crazy! I love the monos (monkeys)...they are my favorite by far. We´ve seen sloths, crocodiles, iguanas, geckos...and and and...but the monos are my favorite! We hiked a couple of trails in the national park and ended up on a secluded beach. It was Jen, me and about 8 monos...unreal! We were in one of the largest thunder and lightning storms I have ever seen. So incredibly loud. We found out the next day that lightning hit a nearby tree. We walked to the town´s outdoor Market on Saturday and checked out the small town of Quepos (my soon to be new home). Jen left on Sunday morning (big boo!) and I savoured my last hours in the lap of luxury...

I am now on my own. I start language school tomorrow. I am staying with a family for the next 2 to 3 weeks. My house "mom" (am I too old to say that???) is named Susana. She´s a pistol for sure! She´s sworn off men, took me to get a beer while we waited for my roommate at the bus station and smokes like a chimney...I love her! She has 2 kids: Luis Jesus who is 9 and Maria Jose who is 8. They are so incredibly well behaved and sweet. I thought the room in Jaco was small...ah yeah no...this room is really (really) small. Super modest accommodations but clean and she is a good cook!

On another quick note, many have asked about my place and did I get it leased? Yes I did! Yay...I found out on the day I was leaving for the airport that a guy from England was interested in my place and wanted to sign a year lease. It all worked out over e-mail and fax! It´s a done deal. I think it worked out exactly as it was supposed to!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,

Sorry we didn't get to meet up before you left. I love the blog...technology is such a wonderful thing. It sounds like you are having a great time. So you are going to school?

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures...I'm jealous!

We are leaving for Orlando in a few weeks so I will have some travel stories to share as well.

Keep "Living the Dream"!

Lisa VanRooyen

Tina D said...

Hi!
I'm so glad I ran into the blog site on Jackie's facebook page. We are so happy to hear you are alive and well and writing a blog. It sounds like you are having a great time so far, I'm so excited for you and know you are going to have a fantastic year.

I wish you the best joy in travel...

Take care and safe travels!!!
Tina and Jonathan!!!

DJ Cue said...

Wow, sounds like things are going just like you planned. Have fun out there and keep posting to the blog.

Frank