Monday, July 21, 2008

I graduated...!






Two weeks of school has gone by really fast. Friday was my last day at COSI (Costa Rica Spanish Institute). My teacher for both weeks was Patricia Cubrero. She was awesome! My classmates were (from left to right) Julie, Jessie and Tina. I sure am glad I am 29 so I didn't feel THAT old!

After my last morning of school, a bunch of peeps from school rode horses to a waterfall here in the mountains. The bottle of Casique (costa rican vodka like product) made the trip extra fun! After the horseback ride, they made us dinner at their ranch. Fun times for sure! That night was the final futbol game between MASS and Tulemar. MASS won and the guys went nuts! There were fireworks and a big fiesta. The award presentation was at the Discotech. We danced till about 3 a.m.!

On Saturday night, Juan Carlos took us to a concert near the marina in Quepos. The concert was the big finale to culture week. It was awesome. The main event was a band from San Jose and the famous singer from Costa Rica, Marta Fonseca, was the main attraction. She is really good and the music was a combination of electric guitar, electric violin and rock. They played some cover songs too. There was also a special appearance by a rap artist. I was impressed! After the concert, we went with Juan Carlos, Wilmar, and Gustavo to bar Tutu. It's a mostly gay bar. Manuel Antonio is very liberal in that way. Maybe that's part of why I like it here...it's like San Francisco in that way. We danced for a while and hung out with the guys. Then Karen and I headed out to Republik...a lounge bar in Quepos. It's the place most people go before the discotech. Then dancing at the discotech. I can make it till about 3 or 3:30...peeps here can go and go and go...they don't leave till 5:30 or 6 in the morning!!! Not me...in bed by 4 at the latest!!! Ok, so maybe 29 it pushing it!

1 comment:

Jen said...

encantamos cacique!!!