Monday, December 8, 2008

Mas Walking (and Eating) in Santiago...

All this walking - I am eating so much. Ever since the Machu Picchu trek, I find myself hungry all the time - it's like I have a bottomless pit. I never really ate breakfast as part of my normal routine at home (the most important meal...ah well...) and now, I wake up, my eyes are open for 5 minutes and I want to eat. It must be all the walking (or at least I hope it is)...so here I go again. Walking and walking on my last day in Santiago. I didn't do much other than show off my cafe dwelling expertise and walk to different parts of the city. I love it here. It's definitely more modern than the rest of the places I have seen in South America - although the mullet and the banana clip are alive and well here in Chile.

I called it an early night and packed my bags for my flight to Argentina the next day. There were so many places I didn't get to see in Chile. It is a wonderous country with such diverse land. I could have easily spent my 2 months in South America only in Chile. Two weeks wasn't enough time. Adios Chile, nos vemos pronto...

No comments: