Monday, December 8, 2008

Arriving in Buenos Aires, Argentina...

I was proud of myself in regards to my trip to the Chilean airport. I left the hostel, with my packed bag, and headed for the subway. I took the subway to the bus station where I boarded the local bus for the airport. It was so much cheaper to take the bus than to take a taxi and my resource now is time so, it was worth it.

I arrived in Buenos Aires around 6 p.m. and boarded a bus to the center and, from there, they took me to the hotel in the Recoleta neighborhood where my great friend Patty was resting! Yay! Finally, a familiar face. Patty met me in Buenos Aires for her yearly vacation from her busy work schedule back in the Bay! Yay again...double yay! I felt like I was livin large in this hotel. Ahhh...to shower without flip flops, what a luxury! We went out to dinner and then it was nighty nite after a full day of traveling.

The next morning, we were on a mission to secure our travel plans to Puerto Iguazu for our big visit to the famous falls. We thought we might take a flight so we decided to walk to the airline office. On the way there, all of a sudden on a crazy busy street, I heard someone call my name and say..."hey, are you looking for...". It was Lewis and Michaela from my Machu Picchu trek! Wow, crazy small world! We chatted for a while and firmed up our plans to reunite when Patty and I returned to Buenos Aires from Iguazu. Come to find out, the trip to Iguazu was going to be way more economical to take the bus - it was actually ridiculously expensive to fly. We decided to go via bus and bought our tickets and were off later that night. Poor Patty...I had her jumping into the travel thing head first with a long, long bus ride. Our overnight bus ride was the longest I had taken so far - 17 hours! Holy Moly! The main plus was the cute bus attendant that I quickly developed a crush on- hello!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just got caught up and I think the next update may just be in person. Looking forward to seeing you this trip.

Safe travels back home... Two more days!

Tina Divita