Friday, November 7, 2008

Cuzco - Can someone please give back the air?

The next day, I woke up with the worst headache ever, NO appetite all day (can you believe that?) and had NO energy. Geez - what is going on here? I think I would have been fine with ONE issue but having to deal with both the altitude and my stomach well, it was just a little too much. This second day in Cuzco was a very lazy day. I had planned to go on a city tour with Cristian, but it had started to rain and I really didn´t feel up to it so we hung out in a cafe for quite a while and drank mate de coca. Mate de coca is the tea from coca leaves that helps with altitude sickness. Later, I went to my tour office, United Mice, to check in for my Machu Picchu trek. I was given a list of things I would need for the trek and the time for my orientation/briefing with my group.

I did a little shopping that afternoon. I bought an alpaca (actually, I believe it´s a blend - not 100% alpaca) sweater, as I was anticipating freezing my buns off on the trek and I bought a bathing suit for the thermal pools we would be visiting. I left my suit in the hotel in Baños, Ecuador...oops! The one I bought in Cuzco cost me $8 and was made in China - funny!

That night, Cristian and I went to Quesqo Centro to watch a show with traditional Peruvian dances. It was fun to watch. The traditional dress is so colorful and unique. I called it an early night since I was still struggling to breathe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OmG! An $8 bathing suit?!! The cost of everything, including your $5 hotels, is just crazy.