Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Day After A Night Out...

If Saturday was a lazy day then Sunday was down right lethargic and sloth-like. It was raining and both Michaela and I were out late the night before so, it took us a while to get going. I kinda had a headache most of the day - ugh! We wandered on over to her mom’s, Madeline, house to use the internet. Madeline gave me some tips and books on my future travels to the south island. They are an incredibly hospitable people – these Kiwis!


We decided to go to the cinema that afternoon. We went to the local mall, walked around a bit. I compared prices on a pair of Nike running shoes I just bought at home. I paid $78 USD. Here in NZ, they were $200 NZD which translates to about $150 USD! The same shoes were double the price. Shopping for clothes and fashionable items is definitely cheaper at home. We watched The Fighter with Mark Wahlberg. I loved it! San Francisco movie guys should be up out of the chair clapping for this one!


A very relaxing day. I didn't take one picture all day and went to bed early - this is what happens when I go out, down for the count the next day! That's ok - I'm on Holiday...

No comments: