Monday, October 13, 2008

Dancing with the stars...watch out!

Monday, I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon trying to figure out my plans for the Galapagos Islands and the rest of my time in Ecuador. There's not a lotta sun here so, I was completely bummin when I found myself in the tour office for hours and the sunshine was just a shinin' away outside. After the tour office shananagins, I thought, I need to dance! I knew that there were several dance studios in Quito so, I sought one out. I took private lessons and I danced like fiend for 2 hours (at high altitude - Quito is at about 9,200 feet) - great excercise! I need practice...my arms are too tense and I am a bit stiff apparently but, I had a blast! I am not sure if this video thing works, the sound wasn't coming through - what's salsa dancing without music?!!!

I am heading south to Baños tomorrow. I am looking forward to some HOT natural springs there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

E/L tearin' it up! But where are the salsa heels? No challenge in flats. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joanne! What an adventure you've had so far, and so much more to come. I can't wait to read your blogs for the Galapagos Island and Machu Pichu trips. Take Care...and stay safe!
Much love,
Mrs. Solemnidad

Anonymous said...

You are too hard on yourself...I'm jealous of your salsa dancing skills!