Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sola en Ciudad de Mexico!















After Dave and Rachel left, I had a pit feeling in my stomach...like oh god here I go...no wait don't leave me...!!!


You can do this...the journey must continue!


I stayed in the area and went to the Coyoacan market. This place is more like the Mexico I was expecting. A little less "formal" if you will. Every kind of meat, veggie, fruit, candy, cookie, pet food, hair product, party supply, etc. crammed under one roof. This is the kind of place where you see the locals eating at a bar of a food stand and chatting up a storm. I really wanted to try something but I am a little nervous about getting sick. I was so intrigued...I walked around for about 30 minutes just looking at all the stuff! I wasn't a fan of all the flies though.


I hopped back on the touist bus and got off at the Coyoacan mall. This was a real mall...just like at home - 2 stories with trendy shops, McDonalds and Starbucks. Quite a difference from the market! The next day, was about more malls - a shopping day - YES! I walked and walked and walked to the different shopping malls in Polanco. I bought a few things (replacing things I had to get rid of) and yes finally a case for my camera (Karen...you'll be happy to know!). My last name is everywhere, even at the local mall - I am famous!


I had planned to stay in that night and watch movies but when I was out getting dinner, I met the "name dropping, tequila drinking, lying to his mother prophet"! This is a long story within itself and I will try and keep it short...


I met this guy (typical line right..."so i met this guy...") when I was out. Let's call him Carlos. We started talking, no big deal. He asked me to go get a drink with him so we hung out for a while. Turns out, this guy is a self proclaimed prophet (I googled him after the fact and maybe more than self proclaimed...not sure). He proceeded to tell me my "future". He actually called someone to traslate it so I wouldn't miss anything. (I was dying inside...Daniella and Jackie - I wish you were there...I can already hear your comments!!!) Yes-I am a skeptic...it's true. I am surprised he could even speak in full sentences considering that the whole time he was dropping names like crazy...oh hear let me call Alejandro Fernandez (famous singer from Mexico -Vicente Fernandez's son)...he really did call him...I don't know? Oh Pricess Sofia from Spain is my friend...she is going to write and excerpt in my book...is there a Princess Sofia? I have met with George Bush and President Clinton (I predicted the ML scandal). I am friends with Luis Miguel (another famous singer from Mexico)...blah blah blah. OK mind you, all of this is happening in Spanish. I understand alot of Spanish (I may not speak it very well but I understand most of what is going on) and I KNOW I was getting what he was saying. Anyway, he was nice enough and we ended up going to Plaza Girabaldi which is a famous plaza for Marachis - it was packed with people. They basically have a "Marachi Off" or a "Battle of the Mariachis"...kind of...you pay different groups to play for your friends, famliy, etc. Some of the groups were so close to each other that it was hard to hear the actual song. We went to Tenampa which is a famous restaurant/cantina where a lot of famous Mariachi singers sang before they became famous. This is where the tequila started flowing...not for me...I know, I know! I had one drink...that's it! And then he starts to lay it on pretty thick...you are so this and that...I've seen you in my future...you were meant for me...blah blah blah! There's more here, but basically we went back to the Hotel bar and talked a bit more but I was done. So the thing that I find interesting is that in the beginning, my prophecies were all postive, great and my future was going to be fantastic! Once he realized I was not interested, my prophecy became really negative. How did that happen? When I asked him..."and when that doesn't happen? then what?", he said "never question a prophet" - oh brother, how convienent! I was happy I went to Girabaldi Plaza-I don't think I would have gone otherwise. Maybe that's why I met him, I was supposed to go and enjoy Marachi music that night. Do you think he saw that in a vision?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl, you be careful with the crazy boys! My doorstep isn't down the street for you to curl up into the fetal position on while you wait for my return! :)