Friday, August 8, 2008

About my Spanish so far...

Many people have asked me how my Spanish is coming along. The answer is "I don't really know if it's any better". I think my vocabulary is better for sure, but my speaking is still not that great. That was one aspect of being in school that I liked. We would have a lot of general discussions and the teacher would help us with what we wanted to say and what was the best way to say it. I liked being corrected...then I knew how to say it right. Now, out and about, I can get my point across no problem or I can talk around what I am trying to say until it is understood but I know I am still speaking incorrectly. Still trying...work in progress!

Karen and I had talked about this and we think that maybe a better way to actually learn is to stay parked in one place for an extended amount of time. That´s what she is doing...girl - you are going to be fluent in no time. If you do that, you build relationships with people that will consistently help you speak better. I may have to plan a month or so just parked somewhere during my next travel stint!

No comments: