Friday, September 5, 2008

Miami...for a quick minute anyway...

I flew from CR to Miami on Tuesday. My original plan was to stay in Miami for a week, then off to the Big Apple for a week and then back to the bay for 3-4 weeks to plan my next trip and attend my friend Emmy's wedding. But...the last few days before I left Costa Rica, I had been in touch with my sister and my mom many times. Some of you know that my mom has been struggling with some health issues since April of this year. My mom had been admitted to the hospital the last weekend I was in Costa Rica. She is doing better and is at home now. She continues to struggle with some puzzling symptoms which the doctors can't seem to figure out the cause. Because of this, I decided to forgo my weeks in Miami and New York and come home 2 weeks sooner than originally planned. I took the red eye from Miami to SF on Tuesday night so, to date, my one and only visit to Miami has included the airport. I will try and fit one or both cities in on the next leg of adventure. I plan to help my sister and mom out over the next few weeks and maybe crack the whip a little with the Doctors. I am hopeful that she will be on the mend very soon and that I will be back on the road come October.

I have been home for a couple of days now and have been basking in the glory of long hot showers, a super comfy bed, kisses and hugs from my nephews, clothing options, a fantastic bathroom, sleeping 8+ hours a night and all the other comforts of home! I will be hosting a party, a clothes burning party, and you are all invited! I am going to burn the clothes I have been wearing over (and over and over) the last 2 1/2 months! I am so sick of them! (Not really burn them, but if I could, I might...!)

If anyone is interested in Argentina, Chile, Peru or Brazil, let me know, let's make it happen! I am thinking October to the beginning of December time frame. Also, I want to and would love to see you now that I am back in town! We can go over, one by one, all of the 1000+ pictures I took - haha...not really! But, if you want to "Do" lunch, coffee, drinks, dinner, golf, tennis, wine tasting, dance or whatever floats your boat, let me know your schedule. I am pretty much free....hee hee hee...luv it and happy to be home!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

GGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! Welcome back! Just sent you a text--hope your old phone is still hooked up. Call me--may come home through E. Bay tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

With all these storms coming our way I was worried about you. I finally got to the last post and realized that you were home so I feel better now.
Yes we will have to hook up while you are here!!!!
Hope your mom is feeling better. I will email/call and we can pick a time.
Cheers, Lisa VanRooyen

Anonymous said...

Hi
We are going to have to go have a glass of wine and look at maybe 100 pictures instead of 1000s... :)

Hope your mom is doing well. If you are around Marin this weekend give me a call.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! What an adventure you had, and there's more to come. You are SO awesome, Joanne, and I'm so proud of you! Thank you for keeping us all entertained and informed. I can't wait to see your pics and get together. Call me when you can so we can work it out.

Anonymous said...

Btw, I can't wait to read your next blog!!! Argentina & Brazil...how exciting. I hope your mom is feeling better.